Clarion County Courthouse – Historic Restoration
Crabtree, Rohrbaugh & Associates performed an extensive repair and restoration of the exterior of the historic Clarion County Courthouse, originally constructed in 1883. The two-phase restoration plan began with the installation of a synthetic slate roof and restoration and replacement of masonry, stone, metal cornices, ridge caps, finials, gutters and downspouts.
In addition, a significant portion of the structure of the clock tower had deteriorated and required careful removal and replacement of the framing and cornice. The “Lady of Justice” sculpture was removed, repaired and reinstalled with a Prevention early streamer lighting protection system. The clock tower is now illuminated by internal lighting behind the clock faces and balcony-mounted floodlights.
Crabtree, Rohrbaugh & Associates is honored to have received an AIA Citation Award for this restoration project.