St. Peter Roman Catholic Church
On May 30, 1799 St. Peter’s Church located on Cherry Alley in Elizabethtown, PA was formally dedicated. It has remained in continuous use to this day, while the parish has experienced significant growth. In 1990, unable to expand the church on its small site, the parish purchased twelve acres of land just north of Elizabethtown. Construction of a new church began in 1998. The new church seats 650 people and includes administrative, daycare and meeting rooms. Future expansion will include a social hall with kitchen. The building is developed around a north/south axis with covered entrance, narthex and main worship space. The main worship space was designed to unify the congregation by surrounding the altar with seating and by incorporating the choir within the seating areas.